- If we now offer the bicycle wheels and tyres alongside the blocks how will children use them creatively in their constructions and imaginative play?
- Will children continue to explore 2D and 3D shape constructions using the magformers outside in response to pictures of actual objects that also represent the shapes?
- Can we continue to invite children to work in different combinations as they develop new relationships for learning?
- Will children explore how water travels down and through resources if we add additional resources for them as they continue to explore floating and sinking?
- If the colour group moves to a new space for a day will children be able use the colours to guide them to the correct new spaces?
Can children explore feelings around ‘friendship’ in response developing relationships for learning and decide what makes a good friend?
A Planned Environment: Professional Questions
- Children continue to be interested in the winter weather, if we ensure a range of materials are outside to support their explorations can we follow their interests?
- If we hang bird feeders in the tree will children continue to be interested in observing and noticing the birds they attract?
- If we offer children a range of small resources will they continue to explore the guttering and develop their understanding of trajectory further?
- Will children be able to test whether coloured ice melts faster in warm or cold water?
- Will they notice the way in which the colour mixes in the water?
- How will children respond to the opportunity to taste frozen fruits?
- Will children be able to reflect on their learning as we share their workbooks at group time?
- What impact has the ‘kapla’ challenge had on children’s construction skills in the wider setting?