- Highly qualified Headteacher, SENDCo, teachers and staff with level 3 qualifications delivering specialised learning
- 5 consecutive “outstanding school” ratings from Ofsted
- Wonderful creative curriculum tailored for each child to celebrate the uniqueness of each individual, inspired by the Reggio Emelia approach
- A rich environment with generous indoor / outdoor space, a sensory studio, a Forest School and mud kitchen, and weekly Music and Movement classes
- Nurture Nursery integrated on site
- Skilled in supporting children to become ‘learners’ and develop the skills and enthusiasm to support lifelong learning
- Recognised and researched ‘Building Learning Power’ strategies used to enable young children to reach their full potential
- As a Maintained Nursery School, the school helps close educational gaps for all children, as well as helping disadvantaged children to catch up with their peers
- Headteacher who works in a professional learning community with all the local primary Headteachers
- Excellent transition arrangements
- Designated National Teaching School with a birth – 7 year old specialism
- And more…
Opening times, extended services and FAQS:
The Nursery School is open daily between 9am – 3pm, term time only.
To support our working parents/carers we offer the following extended services:
Breakfast Club: (8.00 – 9.00am Monday to Friday)
A relaxed quiet space for children to arrive and eat breakfast together, share a story and prepare for the day. Children are then supported into school at 8:55am. Breakfast is provided from a range of healthy options. COST £7.00
Lunch Club: (11.30am – 12.30pm Monday to Friday) – included daily for 30 hour places, and on children’s long day/s for those on 15 hour places
Children bring their own lunch in a lunch box which is transferred onto a plate. Tables are prepared for a ‘meal together’ with table cloth, etc. A member of our staff sits at each table. Lunch is not hurried and there is time to play afterwards.
In our recent inspection the Ofsted inspector commented it was the best provision of its type she had seen anywhere!
Teatime Club: (3.00 – 4.00pm Monday to Friday)
A relaxed quiet space for children to come together at the end of the school day, choose from a range of healthy teatime snacks before sharing a play experience and then story time. COST £7.00
Frequently asked questions:
Can I use my 15 hour free entitlement at the School?
How are the 15 hours organised on a weekly basis?
4 x morning sessions 9 – 11.30am + 1 long day 9am – 2pm OR
4 x afternoon sessions 12.30 – 3pm + 1 long day 9am – 2pm
Alternatively, we also offer flexible arrangements for working parents/carers. Flexible 15 hour places tend to be offered on the basis of either:
3 x long days 9am – 2pm OR
2 x long days 9am – 2pm & 2 x morning or afternoon sessions
We always advise you come and speak to us about your requirements though, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs
What happens if I need more than 15 hours?
Parents can buy additional hours at a flat rate COST of £7.00. These can be used to extend finish times for those children on 15 hour places from 2pm to 3pm. Additional hours can also include Breakfast Club, Lunch Club and Teatime Club provision providing wrap around education and care from 8.00am until 4pm. Subject to availability
Do you offer 30 hour places?
Yes, we offer a limited number of 30 hour places, which need to be used in full Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm, term time only. In order to be eligible for a 30 hour place you must be in receipt of a valid 11-digit voucher code from HMRC. You can check eligibility and register by visiting https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare
Are you open throughout the year?
As a School, we are open term time only. To view our term dates for this academic year, please visit http://www.kenilworthns.org.uk/information/term-dates-timetable/
For answers to more frequently asked questions about Kenilworth Nursery School in general, please visit http://www.kenilworthns.org.uk/information/frequently-asked-questions/
How do I apply for a place for my child?
We would highly recommend a visit to the Nursery School to see first hand what we offer, which can be arranged by contacting our School Office Manager on 01926 853394. If you would like to submit an application, then you can complete and return an Application form for Kenilworth Nursery School by email to email@example.com